Sliding Bearings Advantages Over Roller Bearings
Customers are always seeking superior bearing for renewable energy, reason because in some cases the machineries are having a design life span of approximately 20 years, and in addition to that repairing parts are not easier in these applications because in some of the case bearings are located several meters above the ground level, moreover extended period breakdown can cause huge losses & discomfort. For this reason bearing design & structure play an important & vital role over these applications.
Solutions offered by GBT
In GBT we are continuously working on the tribological aspect of the ‘sliding bearings’ and making them so efficient that it can replace ‘Roller bearings’ easily, We use advanced computer designing software’s with a deep knowledge of materials and processing parameters to design a Cost effective and world class Sliding Bearings. In addition to that, GBT is having full fledge wear test laboratory for testing & evaluation, which can perform the test at a level to have reliable practical results about the life span of the sliding bearings. For all the above, GBT has top class ability among sliding bearing manufacturers, and the company continues to respond to the expectations of the customers by ensuring the proper replacement of Roller Bearings through its vast knowledge.
GBT designed and developed sliding bearings are having many advantages and benefits over the rolling bearings and therefore are very well-suited into numerous of applications. These materials are MU, MU-B, MU-4, MX.
Additional advantages of GBT sliding bearings
- Less costlier
- Easy to install and easy to do maintenance
- Minimal space requirement
- Low weight due to compact construction
- High durability
- Good resistance to impacts, shocks and vibrations
- Tolerant to soiling, therefore lower sealing effort required
- Very well suited for hydrodynamics & high-speed applications
- Suitable for rotational, oscillating and linear motions applications
- High corrosion resistant
- Wide operating temperature range i.e. –200 °C to +280 °C
- Low friction factor from 0.02 to 0.20
- Special shapes and special dimensions can be designed on customer demand
- Minimized wear and excellent service life
- Good chemical strength
- Good abrasion resistance